Friday, March 29, 2013

MEETING MAYO WO


I'm the master of late posts because this post is two months too late! (boooooooooo!)

Anyway, Mayo Wo of  www.mellowmayo.com is one of my favorite bloggers! (I actually only have 2, the other one is Camille Co of www.itscamilleco.com). I didn't get enough sleep the night before because I was way too excited to meet her and I was also not feeling well because of our crazy Disneyland trip.

We woke up a bit later than usual  and we were out and about to look for something to eat. So here I am wearing my trusty oversized shades to hide my oversized eyebags. 

I guess we arrived a little early because not all menus are posted up, but we just couldn't wait anymore because we were starving! I chose beef curry and rice :) Yum!

My new fave! Soooooo yummy! I needed my caffeine to keep me awake until my meet-up with Mayo Wo at 5:30pm.

Perfect match!

This is it! I'm going to meet Mayo Wo in more or less an hour!

I'm obviously enjoying these elevator selfies haha..

It was so hard to take outfit shots in Time Square because there were so many people!

See?? Ugh! Waaaaaa!

Okay, I'll just take a quick outfit shot at the railings. Please don't mind the man behind me lol :P

PARISIAN hat
H&M blazer
COTTON ON buttondown
COLTNAVA scarf
HUMAN skirt
H&M bag
PARISIAN shoes

She arrived! I have to say this was one of the highlights of my trip to Hong Kong. I was very anxious to meet her because I was worried I might not understand her accent and I will just stand there looking like a complete idiot doing a guessing game inside my head. Boy was I wrong! Her english was super fluent and her accent was awesome :) I should've anticipated this because I know she's a teacher. She was so nice and sweet and very pretty! I am now a bigger fan after meeting her face to face :)

         


This was 1 of our "normal" dinners. No sushi-go-round, no streetfood as a dinner replacement, no pizza,  just good ol' pinoy-style dinner where there's rice, fish and "pancit" (stir-fried noodles). Although the steamed fish was so fresh and delicious, I have to say that the Beef Pan fried noodles was the best hands down. The thin egg noodles was pan fried while fresh so that they get crispy and cooked through without needing to boil them first, and they serve as the perfect medium for absorbing the gravy as well. For those who are more adventurous, you can try the stir-FIRED frog lol I didn't dare ask if it was just a typographical error or do they really gun down the frogs while stirring :P Check out the other yummy food we ate in my vlog : http://youtu.be/nrytcBn8nTk


2 comments:

  1. Dear blogger,


    We came across your blog on Google and find that your blog is so popular and valued. We sincerely hope to have a partnership with bloggers in Philippine.

    We, LookChem.com is a well-known 100,000 high-quality buyers are attracted to LookChem. There are 6,000,000 chemicals with CAS number which is an identity for one chemical. This is our site:http://www.lookchem.com/

    We will appreciate if you can add us as sponsor in your blog.In return we will send you a beautiful gift , and we will pay the shipping too.

    You can choose the one you like from the following 3 gifts :
    1.Blue-and-white porcelain pen and bookmark suit.
    With fine workmanship and elegant appearance, this dedicated suit aims to convey a strong Chinese cultural connotation to you.
    2.Card holder with Peking Opera style.
    It’s not just a holder of card but a good decoration well designed.
    3.Brocade Mouse Pad
    Brocade is the outstanding representative of Chinese excellent traditional culture. It is named this because it is gorgeous and like the rosy clouds in the sky. Hope you like the Brocade mouse pad.


    If you are interested with us, please contact us without hesitation. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.

    Many thanks for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.
    Kind regards,
    LookChem Eileen
    liyinyu614@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah stir-fired-frogs xD btw your style is amazing! You look so cute I love it ♡

    Ps: I would like to invite you to my giveaway. Hope you'll drop by :)

    Win a $200 Amiclubwear gift card on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete